Hulme Hall Grammar School is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people, we expect all our staff and volunteers to share this commitment. This post is subject to an enhanced DBS check.
Hulme Hall Grammar School is an 11-16 co-educational Independent School in Stockport. It was established in 1928 and has 300 pupils on roll.
The School prides itself on being a caring, supportive environment where every pupil is treated as an individual. Small class sizes in combination with very good teaching lead to consistently good examination results.
Teacher of Mathematics
We are seeking to appoint an enthusiastic and committed Teacher of Mathematics to join our school from January 2019. The post would equally suit an NQT or an experienced practitioner.
The successful candidate will:
- be QTS qualified by the start date
- be able to teach Mathematics at Key Stages 3 and GCSE at Key Stage 4
- be able to plan and prepare lessons according to departmental and whole school policies
- be able to motivate and inspire students
- have a belief in the ability of all students to achieve and succeed
Line of Responsibility:The Teacher is responsible to the Head of Mathematics
- Provide pupils with a role model for standards of interpersonal and professional conduct.
- Ensure that the quality of teaching, learning and behaviour in lessons and tutor time is of the highest possible standard.
- Assess and report on pupil progress and give clear, constructive feedback which will assist each pupil to raise their achievement and reach their goals.
- Contribute to the raising of achievement in the subject and year teams, this will also include contributing to the Department Development Plan and development of schemes of work.
- Implement all aspects of the school’s policies.
- Contribute to the school’s process of self-evaluation.
- Take responsibility for her/his own professional development, using the outcomes to improve teaching and learning.
- Contribute to pupils’ wider development in the school.
- Carry out any other duties which may reasonably be required by the Senior Leadership team.
- Good honours degree in a relevant subject area
- Qualified Teacher Status
- Evidence of good / outstanding classroom practice
- Strong subject knowledge
- Familiar with current developments in subject area
- Strong organisation and time management skills
- Evidence of good relationships with children and young people
- Ability to contribute to the wider community life of the school
- Evidence of a team approach to the teaching of your specialist subject including the development of teaching resources
- Evidence of recent and relevant professional development
Start Date: January 2019
To Apply: Application forms are available to download from below. Please email applications to firstname.lastname@example.org
Closing Date: This vacancy will be open until a suitable candidate is employed.
Please complete the Hulme Hall Grammar School application form, and return it with a covering letter supporting your application. Your letter should take account of the person specification, and should:
- Explain why you are applying for the post
- Outline the relevant experiences you believe have prepared you for this post
- Describe the skills and attributes you will bring to the school
The School’s application form must be completed in full. CVs on their own are not accepted.
Completed applications should be addressed to:
Mrs D.Cooke, Headteacher’s PA
Hulme Hall Grammar School,
Applications by e-mail are encouraged; please send for the attention of Mrs D. Cooke at email@example.com
Interviews will be held as soon as possible after the application deadline. If you have not heard from us by this date, you should assume that your application has been unsuccessful on this occasion.
Please note that it is our normal practice to take up references at the point of shortlisting for interview. We will also contact current and previous employers as part of the process of preappointment checks. If you are shortlisted, any discrepancies or anomalies in the information provided, or issues arising from references will be taken up at interview. Your referees must include your most recent employer; references from friends or relatives are not acceptable.
Hulme Hall Grammar School is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children. Applicants must be willing to undergo child protection screening appropriate to the post, including checks with past employers. The successful applicant will be subject to an enhanced disclosure check with the Criminal Records Bureau.