Vacancies“Inspire young people and use your skills to give something back”
Hulme Hall Grammar School is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people, we expect all our staff and volunteers to share this commitment. This post is subject to an enhanced DBS check.
Hulme Hall Grammar School is an 11-16 co-educational Independent School in Stockport. It was established in 1928 and has 300 pupils on roll.
The School prides itself on being a caring, supportive environment where every pupil is treated as an individual. Small class sizes in combination with very good teaching lead to consistently good examination results.
Full time. All year round with 5 weeks holiday
40 hours a week – 8.00am – 4.00pm (including 30 minute paid break)
We are seeking to appoint an experienced, creative and energetic individual to work in our Pre-School.
The successful candidate will:
- Hold a Level 3 qualification or above
- Minimum of 3 years experience
We can offer you:
- Key person for a group of children
- To provide good quality, inclusive, safe, play/care
- To have an understanding of child development and the importance of play
- Ability to work on own initiative, use good judgement and common sense
- Ensure all risk assessments are carried out at the start of each session
- Accurately record and process information
- To plan, prepare and review the curriculum as part of a team, reflective of the EYFS
- To follow and implement all the policies and procedures set out in the EYFS
- Work in partnership with staff and parents to ensure the individual needs of the children are met
- To attend weekly staff meetings and special events
- Ensure resources and materials match children’s needs and interests
- Administer minor First Aid as appropriate
- Undertake a range of general duties: setting up the room, cleaning, tiding up, preparation of snack and maintenance of equipment and resources
- Maintain regular consistent and professional attendance, punctuality, personal appearance
- To greet children and parents with a smile
- To carry out other duties as may reasonably be required by the scope and nature of the post
To Apply: Application forms are available to download from below. Please email applications to firstname.lastname@example.org
Start Date: November 2019, or as soon as possible
Contract Type: Full-time (1 post), to summer 2020 (initially), term-time only
Part-time (1 post – 0.5 FTE) to summer 2020 (initially), term-time only
Salary: Competitive, by negotiation
Closing Date: Thursday 3rd October at 4.30pm
Hulme Hall Grammar School has recently moved to a new site which offers exciting opportunities for expansion and improvement. This small school is noted for its caring and nurturing ethos and focus on the individual child. Hulme Hall Grammar School is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children. The successful candidates will be required to undertake all appropriate safeguarding and employment checks and the appointment will be subject to satisfactory clearance by the Disclosure and Barring Service.
The Governors are seeking to appoint two committed and enthusiastic Teaching Assistants. Both post-holders will be working as part of our Enrichment Team. The first post-holder will support children in the Senior School, working at both Key Stage 3 and Key Stage 4 in class and within the Enrichment department delivering small group intervention lessons. This position will require a keen interest and knowledge of the KS3 and KS4 English curriculum. The second post-holder will work on a part-time basis (0.5 FTE) supporting Key Stage 3 and Key Stage 4 children in class. The successful candidates will report to the Enrichment Centre Manager.
For both positions, experience of working with children with SEND would be an advantage.
For a detailed job description and application form please email the Headmaster’s Secretary, Mrs Cooke, at email@example.com Alternatively, telephone 0161 485 3524 (option 3).
These documents can also be downloaded below.
A fully completed application form, to include details of two confidential referees should be addressed to The Headmaster, Hulme Hall Grammar School, Beech Avenue, Stockport SK3 8HA. Completed applications may also be e-mailed to Mrs Cooke at the e-mail address above.
The closing date for applications is Thursday 3rd October at 4.30pm.
Interviews are scheduled to take place in the week beginning Monday 7th October.
Please complete the Hulme Hall Grammar School application form, and return it with a covering letter supporting your application. Your letter should take account of the person specification, and should:
- Explain why you are applying for the post
- Outline the relevant experiences you believe have prepared you for this post
- Describe the skills and attributes you will bring to the school
The School’s application form must be completed in full. CVs on their own are not accepted.
Completed applications should be addressed to:
Mrs D.Cooke, Headmaster’s PA
Hulme Hall Grammar School,
Applications by e-mail are encouraged; please send for the attention of Mrs D. Cooke at firstname.lastname@example.org
Interviews will be held as soon as possible after the application deadline. If you have not heard from us by this date, you should assume that your application has been unsuccessful on this occasion.
Please note that it is our normal practice to take up references at the point of shortlisting for interview. We will also contact current and previous employers as part of the process of preappointment checks. If you are shortlisted, any discrepancies or anomalies in the information provided, or issues arising from references will be taken up at interview. Your referees must include your most recent employer; references from friends or relatives are not acceptable.
Hulme Hall Grammar School is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children. Applicants must be willing to undergo child protection screening appropriate to the post, including checks with past employers. The successful applicant will be subject to an enhanced disclosure check with the Criminal Records Bureau.