Hulme Hall Grammar School is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people, we expect all our staff and volunteers to share this commitment. This post is subject to an enhanced DBS check.
Hulme Hall Grammar School is an 11-16 co-educational Independent School in Stockport. It was established in 1928 and has 300 pupils on roll.
The School prides itself on being a caring, supportive environment where every pupil is treated as an individual. Small class sizes in combination with very good teaching lead to consistently good examination results.
We are seeking to appoint an enthusiastic and motivated Technician who is required to join our science department and who can support the delivery of a varied and exciting science curriculum within the school. S/He will have responsibility for developing and co-ordinating the use of resources required for the practical requirements of the entire Science curriculum.
The successful candidate will:
- Co-ordinate the use of practical resources and facilities and provide assistance and advice in meeting the practical needs of the entire science curriculum, including liaising with teaching staff and support staff outside of the department.
- Promote and ensure the maintenance of a healthy and safe working environment through:
- Actively contributing to the assessment, monitoring and review of both health and safety procedure and information resources
- Keeping up to date with current procedures and practices through continuing professional development
- The provision of technical advice and support on health and safety issues to teaching and technical staff
- The safe treatment and disposal of used materials including hazardous substances and responding to actual or potential hazards
- The healthy and safe storage and accessibility of equipment and materials
Line of Responsibility: The Technician is responsible to the Head of Science.
Health and Safety:
This job description is designed to outline the main duties and responsibilities associated with the post but is not intended to be an exhaustive list of all duties performed. It will be reviewed each year and it may be subject to modification or amendment at any time after consultation with the post-holder, Business Manager, Headteacher or her/his representative.
The hours would be from Monday to Thursday from 9:00 a.m. until 1:00 p.m.
Term Time Only
Salary to be discussed at interview
To Apply: Application forms are available to download from below. Please email applications to firstname.lastname@example.org
We are seeking to appoint a committed Teaching Assistant who would be able to work alongside children with additional needs in our mainstream classes. This would be initially in key stage 3 & 4. Knowledge of a range of occupational therapy and speech and language interventions would be an advantage.
The successful candidate will:
- be fully committed to supporting children
- be able to use effective strategies to promote positive attitudes to learning
- be highly motivated with a very positive attitude and enjoy a challenge
- have the ability to inspire children and provide high quality learning experiences
- have very high expectations of children’s attainment and behaviour
- behave in a professional manner within a team environment
- have excellent interpersonal skills and the ability to work positively with children and parents
- have a sound knowledge of Mathematics and English including grammar, spelling and punctuation.
We can offer you:
- enthusiastic and well-behaved children who are keen to learn
- a popular and happy school with caring and involved parents
- a dedicated, supportive and enthusiastic team of staff and governors
- a commitment to high quality professional development
- a superb learning environment with excellent resources to facilitate learning
8.30am to 3.30pm (with a 20 minute lunch break)
To Apply: Application forms are available to download from below. Please email applications to email@example.com
Friday 1st February 2019
Please complete the Hulme Hall Grammar School application form, and return it with a covering letter supporting your application. Your letter should take account of the person specification, and should:
- Explain why you are applying for the post
- Outline the relevant experiences you believe have prepared you for this post
- Describe the skills and attributes you will bring to the school
The School’s application form must be completed in full. CVs on their own are not accepted.
Completed applications should be addressed to:
Mrs D.Cooke, Headmaster’s PA
Hulme Hall Grammar School,
Applications by e-mail are encouraged; please send for the attention of Mrs D. Cooke at firstname.lastname@example.org
Interviews will be held as soon as possible after the application deadline. If you have not heard from us by this date, you should assume that your application has been unsuccessful on this occasion.
Please note that it is our normal practice to take up references at the point of shortlisting for interview. We will also contact current and previous employers as part of the process of preappointment checks. If you are shortlisted, any discrepancies or anomalies in the information provided, or issues arising from references will be taken up at interview. Your referees must include your most recent employer; references from friends or relatives are not acceptable.
Hulme Hall Grammar School is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children. Applicants must be willing to undergo child protection screening appropriate to the post, including checks with past employers. The successful applicant will be subject to an enhanced disclosure check with the Criminal Records Bureau.