The school uniform is purchased from Monkhouse, our uniform supplier. Monkhouse was established in 1938 in Cheadle Hulme and has become one of the leading school uniform providers in the UK.
- School blazer* (maroon with school crest)
- Trousers/Skirt* (grey with school crest)
- Pullover/Cardigan* (grey/maroon with crest)
- School tie*
- Shirt (white) – short sleeved permitted for warm weather
- Blouse (white)
- Black/opaque tights or knee-length grey socks (girls)
- Grey/black socks (boys)
- Black school shoes
*Items must be regulation and only purchased from Monkhouse.
Our expectations are:
- No part of the hair should be shorter than a Number 2.
- Hair must be kept neat and of a suitable style
- Styles that are very short on the sides and long and untidy on top, or where lines or shapes are cut into the hair are not acceptable.
- Boys must ensure they are cleanly shaven.
Please purchase sensible, plain, all black shoes. The following will not be accepted:
No trainers, pumps, plimsolls or trainer-type shoes. Shoes must be plain black with no coloured trim, logos, flashes or branding. Trainers will only be allowed for PE or sporting events. Boots are not allowed, only shoes below the ankle. Be careful as many sports shops market “School Shoes” which are actually trainers. Girls’ shoes must be flat with no platform or heel.
Shoe types that are not allowed
During cold weather, students may wish to wear a coat over their blazer. This should be a dark colour such as black or navy. Hoodies are not permitted top coats.
School trousers can be purchased from Monkhouse. They are a school grey, slim fit trouser bearing the school logo. This is the only trouser permitted.
This is a school grey, stitch down, knife pleat skirt with school logo. No other skirts will be accepted.
Please follow the link to view and order uniforms from our supplier:
Our sports kit, as chosen by our Key Stage 4 pupils, can be purchased through Supersport. Supersport is one of the last remaining UK premier designers, manufacturers and distributors of sportswear.
- HHGS Polo top
- HHGS Shorts (boys)
- HHGS Skort (girls)
- Hooped long socks
- Tracksuit bottoms (non-uniform tracksuits will not be permitted)
- HHGS Hoodie (available from the School Office or PE Department for £20)
This is available online from Supersport.
It is essential that all students purchase tracksuit bottoms and a hoodie, as well as the regular PE Kit.
During the winter months, many PE lessons continue to be taught outdoors and pupils often complain of the cold! Furthermore, many pupils will be selected to play for the school sports teams, so uniform outerwear is essential for travelling and representation.
PE Hoodies are available from the School Office at a cost of £20.
Please follow the link to view and order PE kits from our supplier:
If in doubt, please contact Mrs Smith and as a precaution, and keep any uniform receipts in case you are asked to change an item that does not meet our guidelines.