A Warm Welcome to Your PTA
We are pleased to introduce you to our Parents Teacher Association at Hulme Hall:
- Emma Palmer – Chair
- Charlotte Mellor – Secretary
- Emma Palmer – Treasurer
“PTAs, quite simply, are the crucial lifeblood that turns a school from something normal into something special.” – Jonathan Edwards CBE – Olympic gold medalist and world record holder.
Hulme Hall Grammar School PTA is an informal, friendly group of parents and teachers who meet every 1st Thursday of the month. The PTA meet to plan and offer help for social and fundraising events. Every parent is automatically a member of the Parent Teacher’s association (PTA) and so every parent is welcome to come along and join in the meetings and organised events planned throughout the year.
Whatever your level of support, whether it be an active member to attending events, we would like all parents to feel they have a voice and are fully informed with the decisions with the PTA. To achieve this minutes of meetings will be sent to all parents, who can then feedback to the Chair anything they wish to add. All parents will be updated on the ‘wish list’ that comes from each department and where the funds have spent. A PTA newsletter will also be sent to all parents every six months containing latest new, upcoming events and funding.
How can you help? Get involved!
- Volunteer to help with an event.
- Attend school functions and PTA meetings.
- Donate to the Annual Fund and support other school fundraisers!
- Join the PTA
Why join the PTA?
- Benefits your child and the school.
- Research has proven that children do better in school when parents are involved. Grades are higher, test scores improve, and attendance increases.
- Helps to build a network.
- The PTA and its functions are opportunities to meet other parents and teachers, build rapport, and discuss ideas.
- Informs more parents.
- Parents involved in the PTA understand the challenges schools face and become part of the solution.
- Boost your child(ren)’s well-being.
- PTAs focus on what pupils need in order to be successful in school.
- Gives you a voice.
- There’s no better way to know what’s happening in your school than by being part of the PTA. Because the PTA is a forum for exchanging ideas, you are encouraged to make suggestions, and in this way, more effectively create change at your school.
- Heightens your skills.
- By volunteering with the PTA, you gain valuable experiences. It’s an opportunity to put your skills and hobbies to good use for a great cause!
- Improve school results.
- PTAs play an important role in fundraising, social events which provides improvements for the school.
- A good role model.
- By becoming a PTA member, you will demonstrate to your child(ren) the importance you place on education.
- Summer Fair – Date to be confirmed
If you would like to get involved, please email: firstname.lastname@example.org